Wednesday, September 7, 2011

First Day of School

Yesterday was the first day of first grade for Katie and first day of preschool for Felicity. Boy was mama a mess!

Felicity and I waited with Katie for her bus with umbrellas. Katie was excited to ride the school bus home but we found out she would be the first stop on the way back. The school changed the route.

I took Felicity to preschool 20 minutes later. She hung her coat up and put her book bag on the rack. She ran over to her teacher and said hello. I met the teacher's aid since she was on vacation during the orientation. I told her both my girls were going to school and I would be alone. She said the only thing that helped her get over the sadness of her kids going back was coming back to the preschool.

I said goodbye and love you to Felicity. She gave me a kiss and turned her back to me. She continued writing letters on the chalkboard.

I walked out with umbrella over my head and cried. It is hard to believe that there was a time where I thought we might not be able to experience the first day of school with one child let alone two.

Felicity had a half day at preschool. She said the time was fun and she brought home a rocket ship picture she colored. The teachers gave each student a Schultute, a German tradition where a cone filled with candy is given to students on their first day of school to make the day a little sweeter.

Katie was delayed getting home from school. The driver said something about the middle school delaying the buses. Katie said it was great seeing all of her friends but there was so much talking from the teacher. Welcome to school Katie!

No comments: