Sunday, September 12, 2010

When Irish Eyes Are Smiling

Today started out rather sad since it is the 9th anniversary of 9/11. I watched the news coverage as always do and cried. Katie asked more questions that previous years and couldn't understand why anyone would kill so many people.

Katie is asking more detailed questions about things and I find it fascinating and hard. Sometimes I can easily explain why things are the way they are and other times I have to reference Google. She did have a hard time this week with her size. She doesn't understand why she is small and can't ride in a booster seat. My heart broke seeing tears roll down her cheeks and hearing her sobs. I told her that she won't always be the same size but she will likely not be as big as other people her age. I told her she can do so many great things that do not involve size. Now my search on the internet for small people who made big changes.

We did go to the Irish Festival and had a good time. We met up with my mom, Aunt Lee, the boys, Aunt Honey, Penny, Grammy, Pappy, and Aunt Kristen. The girls loved playing with the gigantic chess pieces, visiting with the Irish dogs, sheep, eating, snow cones, and Gaelic Storm.




Felicity, Aunt Lee, and Irish Wolfhound

Is this check mate?

BLARNEY BINGO!

Felicity worn out from dancing.

Katie's favorite thing about the Irish Festival, SNOW CONES!




No comments: