Tuesday, September 22, 2009

Happy Birthday Daddy!



I decided to surprise Jim, after he told me he wanted a surprise for his 40th birthday, with a trip to Cleveland. We have spent a lot of our couple life at Fathead's on Carson Street and I thought it would be nice to visit the new Fathead's brewery in Cleveland. I thought a weekend trip would be a good idea since we really haven't been on vacation for several years.

Everyone we met at the Cleveland's Fathead's were beyond nice. We were greeted at the door with a huge smile and welcome. Someone at the bar saw Jim's Pittsburgh Fathead's shirt and immediately got the brewer for the place. Jim told him it was Jim's birthday and the brewer told him he would be by later to buy him a beer.

Our waitress was wonderful. She brought us a basket of chips, no charge, since our pizza wasn't done. Brick oven pizza, YUM!!

After we ate our very delicious, fattening meal, our waitress came out with a huge piece of chocolate cake with a candle on it.

Saturday we decided to go to the Cleveland Zoo since we have a membership to the Pittsburgh Zoo. You can't pass up free admission for a family of four. Unfortunately Katie wasn't in the mood for the zoo and didn't want to walk. I spent the hour at the zoo, carrying Katie through it. Did I mention it was free??

Saturday night we enjoyed a few cocktails at the Manager Reception and Katie and Felicity ran around outside our hotel room with our 4 year old neighbor James. I finally sat down and watched The Wrestler. It only took me a month to watch it.

Jim took us on a tour of his old living quarters in Canton on Sunday.

It was a great weekend and I think Jim enjoyed the start of his 40th year.

No comments: