Monday, October 22, 2007

Happy Birthday to Me

Today is my birthday and I am 37 years old. I spent the day with my family, some good, some unpleasant.
Katie had her echocardiogram today and she wasn't at all happy. When the technician took her blood pressure, Katie cried uncontrollably. I don't know if the blood draw two weeks ago came back to her today. She also cried during the test. Fortunately Jim was with us and he was able to comfort her while the test was performed. He told her we would go to Giant Eagle and buy cupcakes and sing Happy Birthday to mummy. It did work for a bit but she would start crying again.
We won't know the results until her cardiology appointment November 29th.
The good times today were story time at the library. Katie dressed up in her Halloween costume and we sang songs and heard Halloween stories. They passed out little plastic pumpkins with stickers and a marshmallow pumpkin. Katie didn't waste any time opening the package!
Another birthday over and done with!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Happy Birthday, Patti! Sorry I'm late!

~Mary