Katie had a great day today. We went to the Oakdale Parade this evening. Katie's Aunt Kristen asked if we wanted to go since her friend Lori would be throwing candy from the fire truck. We went over my in laws house for dinner then we would go the fair. After dinner, Katie received word from Lori via telephone, Katie could sit in the truck. Well, the sitting in the truck turned into driving the truck. Katie was over the moon with the news and she had such a proud look on her face as she "drove" by.
Unfortunately Felicity didn't fair too well with the loud sirens and stinky fumes from the trucks, vintage cars, and tractors.
I also forgot my camera, yes, me who has almost 3,000 pictures in my database, missed out on this very special moment with Katie. I had my cell phone turned on the take the picture but Felicity was so upset from the noise, I had it turned off. We will just have to go back to the grand Oakdale parade next year!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

1 comment:
I am so happy for Katie. I wish I could have been there to see her on the firetruck. It really just seems right up her alley! I think that was very cool of Lori to get her up there!
Way to go, Lori!
Post a Comment