Thursday, March 24, 2011

Sickness in the house

Poor Katie has been coughing for the past three days. It sounded like a dry cough that might be caused by allergies. She coughed so hard which caused her to throw up. Yesterday she seemed fine and she went to school.

Her kindergarten class went to Heinz Hall yesterday for a field trip. The Pittsburgh Symphony was performing music that went with the story of Curious George. Felicity and I rode with another mom and her son since we weren't chosen to be chaperons.

Katie started coughing during the performance and she didn't look good. She didn't cough hard enough to be sick until I got the dreaded call from school. She threw up on the bus and all over herself. We got back to the school and Katie was in the nurse's office.

Last night I took her temperature because she felt warm and it was 102.5. I gave her some ibuprofen and put her in her bed.

She stayed home today and was doing much better. No fever, only one coughing episode which led to throwing up, and small meals through the day. Jim and I felt it was best she missed her last hockey practice. We couldn't see her skating full force for an hour after being sick this week. She was disappointed but understood.

After the girls bath, we colored and cut out Timmy Time masks. Katie made the Timmy dragon mask (surprise!), Felicity made the Timmy mask, and I did Yabba the duck.








No comments: