Sunday, June 27, 2010

Week in Review

Last week we decided to take it easy and only do a couple of things instead of daily things. I think I was wearing myself done the week before and was just plain exhausted!

Sunday was Father's Day and Jim had a great day with his girls. He loves going to North Country Brewing and got a tasty meal with a beer sampler. I took Katie and Felicity over to see my dad.

Monday was a day spent in our pajamas and watching TV. Does this make me a bad mom? I don't think so! We did get a great idea from watching Curious George: body outlines on paper. I traced Katie and Felicity's body on paper and they colored it. Katie made her body image into a very green and scary dragon. I hung the dragon by request, in the girls' bedroom but Jim had to remove later that evening. Felicity wasn't a little too frightened by the picture. Both pictures are now hanging in the dining room.

Tuesday we went to see the new Curious George exhibit at the Children's Museum with my moms group, BFF. We got to see a large amount of moms, dads, and kids but it is always hard staying together with different ages and genders. Katie and Felicity enjoyed the water floor the best. They left the building soaking wet and laughing.

Wednesday was another lazy day spent playing diner and puppy house. Katie likes when I build a puppy house out of blankets and pillows in front of the air conditioning vent. She likes it cool like mama.

Thursday we had another get together with our BFF friends at a local bakery, Kretchmar's. The owner took us on a tour of the bakery and we learned about the ovens, cake decorating, and doughnuts (mmm doughnuts). The owner also gave us a very special treat: cupcakes! We walked over to the local park, ate our cupcakes, and played.

Friday was spent upstairs going through toys and deciding which ones can be donated. There are a LOT of toys! I also would like to get more furniture for Felicity's doll house. Grandpap put so much time, hard work and love into the house and we should be playing with it more. Heck I want to play with it.

Saturday we split up. I took Katie to see Cinderella at the Little Lake Theater while Jim took Felicity out with Aunt Kristen. It was nice having one on one time with Katie and I am sure Jim liked spending the day with Felicity. We sat in the front row for the show and Katie enjoyed the performance. We met the actors afterwards and she showed them her plastic skeleton. Oh Katie.

and that was our week.

No comments: