Today didn't start off real great. We had to take Felicity to the ER last night. I was in the bathroom when I heard crying. At first, I thought it was Katie but it was Felicity. She was barking like a seal and crying. I called down to Jim and he tried the aspirator on her. He then turned on the shower and I sat in the bathroom with Felicity. She still sounded bad. I called the pediatricians office and they listened to her breathe. She said if the steam didn't help, she needed to go to the Children's Hospital ER immediately.
We dropped Katie off at my in laws house and went to the hospital. The resident on call said she has croup but not a severe case. The nurse gave her a steroid shot and sent us on our way at 4am.
We found out Katie didn't go to sleep until 4:30am and wasn't a very happy camper today.
We took Felicity in to see the pediatrician and he said Felicity looked and sounded great.
Oh well better to be safe than sorry.
Better get to bed since it is after midnight.
MERRY CHRISTMAS
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

1 comment:
I'm sorry about Felicity's ER visit! Julian had the croup right after his baptism when he was 6 months old. We also had to take him to the ER late at night. He was sick for 3 weeks, which felt like an eternity.
I hope she's better very soon!
Merry Christmas!
~Mary
Post a Comment