Monday-Katie and Felicity helped their friend celebrate their 5th birthday with a Fancy Nancy party. Katie wore her dinosaur costume and roared down the runway. She painted a sun catcher and decorated a cupcake but did not want her dinosaur claws painted pink. Felicity loved the party and was so excited to get her nails done and get her own nail polish and lip gloss. Katie accepted her lip gloss only after I told her it is similar to chap stick.
Tuesday-Felicity went to one of her last gymnastic classes. I do think her love is dance and I am going to look into a local dance studio. I am not sure if Katie will continue with gymnastics but she is known to change her mind especially when it comes to her trick or treat costume. Aunt Honey and Penny came over for lunch. Unfortunately Penny had a bad reaction to her medication and had to go home.
Wednesday-We celebrated another friend's 5th birthday party at War Memorial Park. The weather was sunny, hot, and humid. We ate a picnic lunch and played at the park Since the weather was so warm, I brought Katie and Felicity's swimsuits. There is a splash pad nearby and I thought they would enjoy splashing around in the water. I don't know how a child can get dirty at a splash pad but Felicity did it. She fell in a big puddle of mud after her shoe got stuck in the mud. Both girls ended up in the tub when we got home.
Thursday-A very fun play date making turtles and screaming at the top of our lungs. I learned a fun fact: 80's fashion and music are making a comeback. Wow could I be hip with the younger folks?
Friday-I decided today would be a stay at home day. We filled up the pool, played outside, and ate lunch. I love spending time outside away from the computer, the TV, and the Wii. It was amazing how Katie didn't say one word about Mario Brothers.

No comments:
Post a Comment