My sweet bug is 3 today and I am just tearing up thinking about the day she was born. Not being able to see until she was 1 day old in the NICU. The horrible night when the neonatologist came in to my hospital room at 3AM, asking me to call my husband because Katie wasn't responding to the ventilator and probably wouldn't live through the night.
I also cry tears of happiness for the great strides Katie made through this short span. She fought her way through respiratory issues, pneumonia, and development delays. She continues to fight the pulmonary vein stenosis and weight gain.
She is the love of my life and I feel so incredibly blessed by God. I cannot imagine her not being in my life. She has taught me patience, love, understanding, sense of humor, and appreciate each day as a gift.
Katie is our very special gift and I love her so very much.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

2 comments:
Happy Birthday, Katie! What a strong little girl she is!
~Mary
Kate,
Wow! Your story really moved me. Your two girls are absolutely beautiful; congratulations! I was just checking out your blog, and I thought you might be interested in some cleaning products that are safer for your home because of your daughter's respiratory struggles. I know that switching over to something that was not full of corrosive chemicals really reduced the wheezing and coughing in my house! Let me know if you are interested. Take care, and keep up the good work!
Post a Comment