Sunday, November 25, 2007

Home Sweet Home

We made it back home, safe and sound. It was a wonderful trip to Phoenix and Prescott.

Our main goal behind this trip to Arizona, check out Prescott for a possible relocation. It is about 90 miles north of Phoenix. We drove up Wednesday and checked out the town. It is a small community but everyone there was so nice. We found out the mall we went to was just built 5 years ago. It is a small town but a growing town. The temperatures were about 30 degrees cooler than Phoenix. I LOVED it!

The houses were a bit expensive so I am not sure if we would be able to swing that. We saw a house that looked like a small cottage that was $450,000 but saw an ad for another house for $250,000 that was much bigger. I am sure location has a lot to do with the costs. The cottage looking house was right off the main drag.

Thanksgiving day we drove back from Prescott and Jim took a beautiful scenic route. I have to say there are some breathtaking spots in Arizona that you can see God everywhere you look. We got back into Phoenix about 2pm and we started thinking about our Thanksgiving feast. Unfortunately everything was closed and we bought some microwave food from the grocery store. We were together, we were safe and healthy, and we couldn't have asked for a better Thanksgiving.

Our flight back to Pittsburgh was at 7am so we got up at 4am. I was surprised by the amount of people at the airport but there was a big college game in Tempe the night before. I took Katie over to Wendy's for some breakfast sandwiches when Jim motioned for me. He was pointing at the crowd and I was surprised to see Little Richard in a wheelchair. He was taken into the men's room right next to Wendy's. I waited patiently for Little Richard's exit so I could get a picture. Unfortunately the picture isn't great but you can still see his silver rhinestone boots!

The trip home was a very long ordeal but the girls did great. Katie and Felicity slept for a bit on the plane.

We were shocked by the cold temperatures and I never thought I would say, I wish I was back in Phoenix!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I'm so glad your trip went well, Patti! One Thanksgiving Bruno and I were in the Bahamas and we couldn't get a good dinner, either. I think we had pizza that night...we were still thankful to just be together.

Will you post the pic of Little Richard?

~Mary