My sister gave me a book after Katie was born. It is called Reading with Babies, Toddlers, and Twos. I started reading it today. I know I should have read it two years ago but the concept is something we did from the very beginning with Katie. We didn't do it to help Katie's vocabulary or get a jump start on school. We did it so Katie would know our voices each day we came into the NICU. Jim loved reading Katie The Foot Book by Dr. Seuss while I read the Wig book by the B52s. If anyone visited Katie in the NICU, we had each person read her a book. There isn't a day without reading for Katie whether she is sitting in her corner in the living room "reading" to herself or climbing into my lap while nursing Felicity and says READ!
I am reading to Felicity because reading to Katie has helped her tremendously. People are amazed by the amount of words Katie knows. I know Felicity will follow in her big sister's footsteps not only because we are reading to her but she has a great teacher in Katie.
I am reading to Felicity because reading to Katie has helped her tremendously. People are amazed by the amount of words Katie knows. I know Felicity will follow in her big sister's footsteps not only because we are reading to her but she has a great teacher in Katie.

No comments:
Post a Comment